Spot UV Greeting Card
Matte Lamination + Spot UV
Spot UV greeting cards have finally arrived! Take the beautiful look and feel of uv spot gloss and let them transform your clients’ custom greeting cards with their clear, quality spot coating.
Below are the envelope sizes for each of our standard greeting card sizes. Please note that any custom size greeting cards will not be a perfect fit with our standard envelopes. These envelopes will not be printed (white only). For printed envelopes, please order here.
14pt + 2pt Laminated Stock
Spot UV coated greeting cards are matte laminated greeting cards with clear spot gloss on top. The spot uv printing is a perfect contrast against the silk lamination that covers the rest of these custom greeting cards.
Clear Spot UV Printing
Our slightly raised spot UV printing make these custom greeting cards especially suitable for designs with dark backgrounds. This helps the spot uv stand out both visually and physically.
Raised Spot UV Greeting Cards
Your customers can now enjoy the tactile features of our classic spot gloss printing on their new spot UV greeting cards. When used on dark backgrounds, the spot UV printing stands our both visually and physically.
Folded Artworks (Greeting Cards, Folded Business Cards, etc.)
Please submit two PDF files:
Art cannot be extended to cutting edges, otherwise there is a high possibility for the varnish to peel off (there should be at least 5mm of free-varnish area around cutting edges). Failing to do so will result into delays and/or creating product that is not as per expectation.
Spot UV accuracy
Positioning of the spot UV cannot be 100% guaranteed. Please note that there may be a shift of approximately 1/16" in the spot UV position on the printed product.
Ensure the file matches the product's required dimensions. Ensure that the artwork is created in CMYK 300 dpi with 1/16 inch bleeds on all sides.
Make sure that all images are embedded, and that all the text is outlined.
Export all files into PDF format with bleeds.
Download Setup GuideGet It Now
How to set up multi-page files properly
File Orientation GuideLearn More
How to set up proper orientation for your files
File Orientation refers to the orientation of the artwork files submitted. Ensure that they are submitted to back up properly to produce the intended result.
Flat Artwork (Postcards, Flyers etc.)
How To Set Up Your FilesLearn More
Learn how to set up your files the right way.
General File Preparation Guidelines
- Download our guides to ensure a more optimal print result.
- Be sure to DELETE any hidden layers that are not intended to print (ie: setup guide layers or other hidden artwork layers) to ensure no risk of them appearing on the final print.
- Each job (including multiple paged projects) must be submitted as a single PDF file. Ensure that all pages are the same size.
- Files must be submitted with proper orientation to ensure proper back up.
- It is best to try to avoid using borders in your design. If a border is too close to the trim, the trim may be slightly off-center.
- File must consist of 1/8" bleed and all important art and text must be within the safety margin.
- Ensure that your PDF is high res and that all images are CMYK at 300 DPI.
- Black type should have the following values: C0, M0, Y0, K100.
- Embed or outline all fonts.
- For best colour results, supply a CMYK only files.