Lamination + SPOT UV
These luxurious laminated business cards have clear gloss applied to areas of your choice.
- Choose from soft touch (19pt) or matte lamination (18pt)
- Slightly raised clear UV gloss
- Lamination provides a protective layer for cards
- Perfect for adding tactile elements to print
Premium Stock Cards
Our high quality 16pt stock is covered in lamination film to produce a premium 18pt card (silky matte) or 19pt card (soft touch).
Clear Spot UV
Make designs pop on your clients’ business cards with clear spot UV that brings out the colors of the design and adds emphasis to what matters most.
A Tactile Experience
The smooth feel of our laminations combined with the slightly raised spot UV creates a powerful tactile experience through print.
Please submit two PDF files:
- Regular full color artwork
- Spot UV template indicating the area of the SPOT
On the spot UV template file, indicate the spot UV areas by using 100% K. Non-UV areas should be white. For best results, ensure this file is vector.
If you require one side to be completed UV coated, the corresponding page in your template file should be entirely filled with 100% K.
If ordering a 4/4 job with spot UV on only one side, please ensure that page 1 of your artwork is the spot UV side.We do not recommend extending the spot UV design to the edge of the card, as there would be a high possibility of the varnish peeling off. There should be at least a 5mm varnish-free area around the edges. Failing to provide this could result in delays and/or unexpected print results.
Spot UV Accuracy
Positioning of the spot UV cannot be 100% guaranteed. Please note that there may be a shift of approximately 1/16" in the spot UV position on the printed product. We do not recommend placing spot UV on small text or very small images.
Download Setup GuideGet It Now
How to set up multi-page files properly
File Orientation GuideLearn More
How to set up proper orientation for your files
File Orientation refers to the orientation of the artwork files submitted. Ensure that they are submitted to back up properly to produce the intended result.
Flat Artwork (Postcards, Flyers etc.)
How To Set Up Your FilesLearn More
Learn how to set up your files the right way.
General File Preparation Guidelines
- Download our guides to ensure a more optimal print result.
- Be sure to DELETE any hidden layers that are not intended to print (ie: setup guide layers or other hidden artwork layers) to ensure no risk of them appearing on the final print.
- Each job (including multiple paged projects) must be submitted as a single PDF file. Ensure that all pages are the same size.
- Files must be submitted with proper orientation to ensure proper back up.
- It is best to try to avoid using borders in your design. If a border is too close to the trim, the trim may be slightly off-center.
- File must consist of 1/8" bleed and all important art and text must be within the safety margin.
- Ensure that your PDF is high res and that all images are CMYK at 300 DPI.
- Black type should have the following values: C0, M0, Y0, K100.
- Embed or outline all fonts.
- For best colour results, supply a CMYK only files.